NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Limerick Youth Service is a voluntary Youth Work Organisation whose Mission is “connecting with young people and supporting them to reach their full potential.”
It offers a range of quality services responding to the needs of young people throughout Limerick City and County.
Youth Mentor (25 hours per week) Fixed - December 2019
The Youth Employability Initiative is a new project in the Kings Island area of Limerick. The main aim is to identify and engage with a group of young people aged 16-24 years who are not engaged in education, training or employment. The ideal candidate will develop and support young people in need of employability support, to develop the soft skills in the areas of communication, confidence, planning and problem solving with the aim of progression to education, training programmes and or employment.
Education & Experience
- Applicants must a recognised 3rd Level Qualification in Youth Work or similar discipline.
- At least 3 years previous experience working in a Youth Work role and target group.
- Expertise in using youth work methodologies to develop soft skills
- Be able to demonstrate experience in utilising mentoring and advocacy approaches in working with young people.
- Experience in planning, implementing and reviewing programmes and activities with young people.
- High level of proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Youth Mental Health Worker (28 hours per week)
The primary purpose will be to raise the awareness of mental health related issues, eradicate the stigma attached to speaking about mental illness and encourage young people to seek help during times of distress.
Education & Experience
- Recognised Qualification in Mental Health/Social Care/Youth Work or other related discipline.
- At least 3 years’ previous experience working with young people including in non-formal settings
- Experience of working with young people in the provision of appropriate tools and interventions for support
- An in-depth understanding of issues facing young people
- Highly organised with good attention to detail ensuring all project documentation is presented to a high standard
- Self-starter who can work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Empathetic and sensitive to deal with young people
- Good communicator and excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible to respond to changing needs as they arise and cope with pressure
- Self-motivated and committed to a person centred approach
How to apply:
To be considered eligible for any of the above vacancies interested candidates must complete an application form. A job description and application form can be downloaded online at www.limerickyouthservice.com or alternatively e-mail: email@example.com
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is Monday 13th May 2019 by 5pm for Youth Mental Health Worker and Monday 20th May 2019 by 5pm for Youth Mentor.
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
(A panel may be formed from this recruitment process from which future vacancies in the organisation may be filled and will expire after 1 year)
Garda vetting will apply