KARE provides support to people who have an intellectual disability and their families. We believe that people with an intellectual disability are important and should be a part of their community like everyone else. We work with each individual who uses the service to support them to develop their skills and abilities so that they can live the life of their choice.
KARE is an innovative organisation that strives for continuous improvement and best practice in all it does. The organisation is accredited at European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Recognised for Excellence 5-star level and are the 2016 EFQM Ireland Excellence Award winners.
Senior Physiotherapist (Paediatrics)
3-year fixed term contract
37 hours per week
Senior Physiotherapist Salary Scale (€52,162 - €61,418)
The following temporary vacancy exists within the South Kildare / West Wicklow Network Disability Team (NDT) with initial location in Kildare Primary Care Centre, Old Dublin Road, Kildare Town, Co Kildare. The successful candidate will function as part of a dynamic interdisciplinary team providing support for children and young people aged 0-18yrs with complex needs informed by the Bio Psycho Social Model of Service Delivery.
Under the direction of the Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing their own caseload, both assessment and intervention, in line with evidence-based practice, maintaining professional standards. He/she will also be responsible for providing clinical and performance supervision and partake in service development.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- A recognised validated University Degree in Physiotherapy
- Be eligible for membership to the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists
- Be validated by the Department of Health & Children and be eligible to work in the state
- Hold or have applied for CORU registration
- Have a minimum of 3 years post qualification Physiotherapy experience
- Have experience working with children
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and openness to change
- Demonstrate ability to utilise supervision effectively
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop IT skills relevant to the role
- A full clean driving licence and the use of one’s own car is essential
- A minimum of 2 years Physiotherapy paediatric experience
- Previous post graduate Physiotherapy experience working with children with disabilities
A detailed Job Description is available on request.
Salary is paid in accordance with the Department of Health Consolidated Salary Scales.
Shortlisting based on the above requirements for the role will apply. In the event of a high volume of applicants, we may apply the Desirable Criteria.
The successful candidate will be required to attend a pre-employment medical, to provide satisfactory references and satisfactory garda vetting and overseas police vetting where applicable.
Informal enquiries for this position can be made to: Catherine Byrne - South Kildare/West Wicklow NDT Manager on 086 828 0883.
How to Apply
Please email your current CV and Cover Letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role as specified above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is noon on 22 April 2019
KARE is an Equal Opportunities Employer committed to staff training and development.