BOHERMORE COMMUNITY PROJECT LIMITED
Bohermore Community Centre, Cooke’s Terrace, Bohermore, Galway Tel: 091 561314
Job Title: Afterschool Youth Worker
- Hours: 24hour per week
- Location: Bohermore Community Centre, Bohermore, Galway.
Main Purpose of Job
- To work on a team of Youth workers in the provision of an afterschool care service for primary and secondary school children.
- To contribute to the running of all activities within a safe and stimulating environment in accordance with the Childcare Act 2007.
- To always work in a manner which upholds the ethos of the community and which positively contributes to the physical, mental, emotional and social development of the children for whom the service is being provided.
- To work as part of a team of Youth workers
- To help maintain and ensure a safe and stimulating environment for the children for whom the service is being provided.
- To assist in the planning, organising and running of the activities of the service that is being provided, e.g. homework club.
- To assist in the day to day administration of the service that is being provided including cleaning, shopping and record keeping.
- To carry out all responsibilities within an equal opportunity’s framework
- To be familiar with Microsoft Office, Internet Usage and basic computer functions.
- Must be free to work evenings
- A relevant qualification in the area of childcare/youth development or a related field.
- Experience of working with young people aged 4-20years old
- Confident and pleasant manner
- Good attitude towards children
- Interest or experience in sport
- Interest or experience in playing a musical instrument
- Interest or experience in drama
- Interest or experience in art
- Must work well on a team.
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Any additional qualification in the area of childcare/youth development.
- First Aid Qualification
- Fire Safety Qualification
- Knowledge and experience of NQSF an advantage
Closing date for receipt of CV and cover letter is Friday 26th April 2019@ 5pm. Applicants will be contacted after the closing date. Applications will be accepted by email or post to the above address, for the attention of the co-ordinator.