INTEGRATED YOUTH & FAMILY PROJECT, LOUTH & MEATH
Foróige is an independent, non-profit national voluntary youth organisation engaged in out-of-school youth development and education. The organisation aims to enable young people to involve themselves consciously and actively in their own development and the development of society. Foróige employs over 400 staff and involves thousands of volunteers in the creation and delivery of high quality services to young people through the operation of over 600 Foróige Clubs, the Big Brother Big Sister Programme and over 140 General Youth Services and Special Projects. Foróige in partnership with Tusla, Child and Family Agency, now invite applications for the following positions:
YOUTH OFFICERS (x 3 full time vacancies available)
The Integrated Youth & Family Project (IYFP), Louth & Meath is a new partnership between Foróige and Tulsa, offering structured support to identified at-risk young people and families within the Tusla Louth Meath area. The Project is funded by Tusla through the Creative Community Alternatives Initiative (CCA). The objective of each CCA project is to support children to live in their community 24/7 resulting in fewer children in residential care; more children stopped from coming in to residential care; prevention through creative community alternatives; and de-escalation to community through creative community alternatives. The IYFP will consist of 1 Senior Youth Officer and 3 full time Youth Officers with a catchment area of Louth and Meath.
The successful applicant(s) will have the following essential requirements;
- Education to Degree standard in relevant discipline.
- Up to three years year relevant experience of working with young people experiencing adversity and in planning interventions in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for the young person and their family.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Foróige’s philosophy and approach to youth work and engaging young people and families.
- Ability to work in an efficient manner.
- Car owner with full driving licence.
- A good knowledge and understanding of Tusla’s National Policy Framework for Children and Young People, Tusla's National Service Delivery Framework including Tusla’s National Practice Model for Children and Young people.
PLEASE VIEW THE JOB SPEC BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS ON ALL REQUIREMENTS.
HOW TO APPLY:
The job spec and Foróige Job application form can be downloaded from this page and can also be downloaded from the ‘careers’ section of our website www.foroige.ie
Applications for this vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Job Application form only.
Completed application forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00pm TUESDAY 23rd APRIL 2019
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.