INTEGRATED YOUTH & FAMILY PROJECT, LOUTH & MEATH
Foróige is an independent, non-profit national voluntary youth organisation engaged in out-of-school youth development and education. The organisation aims to enable young people to involve themselves consciously and actively in their own development and the development of society. Foróige employs over 400 staff and involves thousands of volunteers in the creation and delivery of high quality services to young people through the operation of over 600 Foróige Clubs, the Big Brother Big Sister Programme and over 140 General Youth Services and Special Projects. Foróige in partnership with Tusla, Child and Family Agency, now invite applications for the following position:
SENIOR YOUTH OFFICER
The Integrated Youth & Family Project (IYFP), Louth & Meath is a new partnership between Foróige and Tulsa, offering structured support to identified at-risk young people and families within the Tusla Louth Meath area. The Project is funded by Tusla through the Creative Community Alternatives Initiative (CCA). The objective of each CCA project is to support children to live in their community 24/7 resulting in fewer children in residential care; more children stopped from coming in to residential care; prevention through creative community alternatives; and de-escalation to community through creative community alternatives.
The successful applicant will have the following essential requirements;
- Education to National Degree standard in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with young people and families experiencing adversity and in planning interventions in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for the young person and their family.
- Experience in working with families and parents, facilitating parenting and whole family programmes.
- A good knowledge and understanding of Tusla’s National Policy Framework for Children and Young People, Tusla's National Service Delivery Framework including Tusla’s National Practice Model for Children and Young people.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Foróige’s purpose and philosophy and approach to youth work and engaging young people and families.
- Experience in establishing, leading and coordinating new and innovative responses to youth needs.
- Ability to work in an efficient manner and to lead and motivate others.
- Car owner with full driving licence.
PLEASE VIEW THE JOB SPEC BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS ON ALL REQUIREMENTS.
HOW TO APPLY:
The job spec and Foróige Job application form can be downloaded from this page and can also be downloaded from the ‘careers’ section of our website www.foroige.ie
Applications for this vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Job Application form only.
Completed application forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00pm TUESDAY 23rd APRIL 2019
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.