Office Administrator: Projects
Role: Office Administrator: Projects
Position: 24hr week, fixed term contract to June 2020
Location: Based at IFCA Office, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Reports to: IFCA Project Manager
Who we are
The Irish Foster Care Association is the representative body for foster care in Ireland. Its membership is broad based and includes foster carers, social workers and others with an interest in foster care. IFCA supports excellence in foster care and aims to ensure that foster carers and foster care in general, play a thorough and reliable part in the protection of children and be at the forefront of best practice in this regard.
The Irish Foster Care Association is the representative body for foster care in Ireland. Child-centred and rights-based, IFCA promotes excellence in foster care for all those involved.
Supporting excellence in foster care so that children in care have the best chances in life.
- Excellence in foster care for all those involved
- Open, respectful and transparent ways of working
- Equality and Inclusion
- A partnership approach between all those involved in foster care
Fostering Connectivity Project
IFCA offers a range of services to its members through its Branch and Hub local structures. The Fostering Connectivity project, funded by Pobal through its Dormant Accounts Funding stream, seeks to bring foster carers together for the development of support networks, support groups and the provision for the dissemination of resource information for foster carers and to assist in promoting carer self-identification for access to counselling services. This project builds on the successful Moving Forward initiative which offered foster carers support where they had experienced grief and loss experienced in their role as foster carers.
The IFCA Office Administrator: Projects will assist in the administration for the delivery of a range of services within the Fostering Connectivity Project.
The Office Administrator: Projects reports to the IFCA Project Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist relevant Managers in all administrative functions and processes
- Schedule meetings and record decisions
- Ensure all documentation/decisions are recorded and communicated effectively
- Organise events in collaboration with relevant staff
- Track expenses and other financial issues in conjunction with Finance
- Develop and maintain a database of key people to be invited to relevant events
- Track events associated with Projects
- Book venues for identified meetings/ events, and ensure that the necessary requirements as identified by the coordinator/ project manager are in place
- Work to the project manager to ensure the smooth implementation of the project
- Attend regular team meetings
- Contribute to team meetings and the overall work of the team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good time management and dependability
- Demonstrate respectful working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of coordination of booking venues and associated requirements for the preparation for the delivery of IFCA services
- Experience of Microsoft packages
- Experience of supporting the work of key managers and wider team
Terms and Conditions
- Fixed Term Contract of 24hrs per week to 30th June 2020
- Location- Primarily IFCA Office Unit 23 Village Green, Dublin 24
- Garda vetting and attendance at induction is required
- Two satisfactory references, one to be most recent employer
Salary Scale: €23,286 pro-rata
Please email your CV and cover letter to Deirdre Fennelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday 26th April 2019.
Shortlisting will be applied, and interviews will take place on the week beginning 6th May 2019.