Carlow Regional Youth Service has an opportunity for an experienced
HR Administrator to work in its Carlow office.
The role requires the successful candidate to work closely with the CEO to support the full HR portfolio of the organisation.
Salary Scale: 28,000 – 35,000 commensurate with experience
Closing Date: 26th April 2019
Application must include full cv and cover letter outlining interest in post
To apply and view full job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Carlow Regional Youth Services, C.R.Y.S., is a local integrated youth service, which offers a wide range of quality youth work programmes and opportunities to young people in Co. Carlow.
C.R.Y.S. was established in 1988 and our mission is “we work to empower young people to achieve their potential through quality youth work”.
The Service works with almost 5,000 children and young people every year. This work is supported by a dedicated Youth Work Staff team and 200 volunteers. CRYS works right across County Carlow, with dedicated Youth Work Centres in Carlow town, Graiguecullen, Tullow and Bagenalstown. )
HR Administrator - Main Responsibilities
- Support the administration of the recruitment activity including screening CV’s, preparing job specs, advertising vacancies, interview coordination, etc.
- Administration of induction and probation process, including reference checking, Garda Vetting, contract generation, preparation of employee file etc.
- Responsibility for maintenance of precise records relating to employment.
- Support the CEO with reward and benefit administration tasks.
- Update and maintain HR files including absence management recording.
- Take Charge of preparation of payroll
- Respond to general day-to-day HR queries from employees and management in a timely and professional manner.
- Be actively be involved in HR projects as they arise.
- Support management on ad-hoc projects as required.
- Manage statutory leave process, meeting with employees and updating the system accordingly
- Assist in Policy creation and Improvement
- Support the submission of funding and other grant applications in a timely manner
- Attend Board and other meetings to provide minute taking facility
- Support the CEO with HR and Governance related activity
- Prepare for and facilitate external audits from Funders
HR Administrator - Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 3-5 years HR administration in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to exercise good judgement
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent team player and strong ability to work on own initiative
- Good understanding of Employment Legislation
- Good understanding of Governance requirement in the voluntary sector