NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Barnardos was established in 1962. We work with vulnerable children and their families and campaign for the rights of all children.
2 X Project Workers (Mulhuddart and Finglas, Dublin North)
Full Time (37 hrs) & Permanent Contracts
Salary: €30,863 - €47,705 (DOE)
Mulhuddart, Dublin 15 and Finglas, Dublin 11.
What will the Project Workers do?
Project workers offer a variety of family support interventions often in response to the Initial Assessment work, as well as receiving referrals from other community organisations and self-referrals. These interventions include:
- Partnership with Parents, a one to one home based parenting programme tailored to meet the needs of parents and their children. The programme focuses on parenting skills and child/parent relationships in order make positive changes in the home.
- Individual Work, which is an evidence-based, tailored intervention working with children in conjunction with the important people in their lives. This work has a therapeutic focus and is based on the individual child's assessed needs. Its purpose is to build resilience and help children to understand and express their feelings and manage their own behaviour.
- Friendship Group is an evidence-based group-work service that supports children who are experiencing peer difficulties. It works with children aged between 6 to 8 years, and 9 to 11 years, to increase their positive peer relationships, emotional understanding, social problem solving, negotiation skills, social interaction and cooperation with other children.
- Inter-agency and collaborative working, including participation in the Children's and Young People's Service Committee (CYPSCs) and in the delivery of Meitheal.
Who are we looking for?
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience of working with vulnerable children and families.
- Experience of working in partnership with families and carers.
- Experience of assessing children’s and families’ needs.
- Experience of planning, implementing and reviewing programmes with children and/or families.
- Experience of interagency working.
- Experience of preparing comprehensive needs led reports on children and families.
- Up to date with evidenced informed thinking with regard to interventions for children and families on an individual and group level.
- Use of Signs of Safety as a tool for screening and assessing risk.
- Experience of Meitheal processes.
- Maintaining electronic records.
A recognised third level practice qualification  (minimum Level 7 on the NFQ) in one of the following:
- Social Care
- Social Work
- Youth Work
- Or related discipline (Nursing, Psychology, Early Years Education).
A full driving licence and access to the use of a suitably insured car is essential.
For full job descriptions check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs
Closing date: 12noon, Wednesday 17th April 2019.
Interview date: Monday 29th April 2019.
If you would like to apply for both positions, please indicate this clearly on your application form.
Shortlisting will apply (please note, cv’s are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through our website).
Cv’s are accepted only in addition to submission of a fully completed application form.
 Course content should include relevant student placements