(1 year fixed term contract - continuation of this position beyond 1 year is subject to funding)
Candle Community Trust, established in 1978, is a registered charity providing educational and developmental opportunities for “at risk” youth in Ballyfermot, Dublin 10. Working in collaboration with the Probation Service, CDETB & CDYSB, Tusla, HSE Candle is committed to creating and delivering a comprehensive, best practice service to meet the needs of young people who experience disadvantage and marginalization.
Candle invites applications for the position of Project Worker. The successful applicant will be responsible to Management for the delivery of quality frontline services to young people.
- A third level qualification (Degree level or equivalent) in social work, social care, youth/community work, education or a related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years experience of working with vulnerable and at risk young people
- Experience of delivering creative and innovative programmes in formal and non-formal educational and developmental contexts
- Skills, experience and values requisite for working with challenging young people
- An understanding of offending behaviour and related issues
- Experience of planning, implementing and reviewing programmes
- Ability to liaise effectively with appropriate agencies
What we offer:
- Full time, permanent position
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience (salary scale for this post is €32, 643 - €45, 598)
- Professional development opportunities
- A supportive, dynamic and progressive work environment
Garda Vetting applies to this position.
Person Specification and Job Description attached.
Applications in the form of Curriculum Vitae (2 pages max) and cover letter.
By email to: email@example.com
The closing date for application is Monday, 29th April 2019.
Interviews will be held on week commencing May 7th 2019.
Candle Community Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer