NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Title: Communications Assistant (Temporary: April to September)
Reporting to: Communications Manager, Temple Street Foundation
Location: Temple Theatre, Temple Street Children’s University Hospital, Temple Street, Dublin 1
The Communications Assistant will support the Foundation communications function and assist with the implementation of all activities, promotions and events - helping to ensure that Temple Street Foundation manages its promotional activities in the optimal fashion to secure maximum coverage.
Duties will include general communications support, assisting with photo-calls and promotional activities, liaising with hospital staff and families, telephone follow-up to media outlets and copywriting for social media and web.
Key duties and tasks
- Support the communications function in all activities
- Write copy for web, media releases and social media in-line with Temple Street Foundation tone of voice and messaging
- Liaise with media outlets and follow up with news desks on press releases, announcements and photo-calls
- Assist with the logistics of media opportunities, patient features and photo-calls in the hospital
- Assist with securing informed consent from patient families for promotional activities
- Provide communications administrative support to the Community, Corporate and Campaigns & Events teams in their activities
- Represent Temple Street in a professional and competent manner both internally and externally
- Attend & contribute to fundraising team meetings
- Undertake other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Communications Manager
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent administration skills, organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills – proactive, confident, enthusiastic, warm friendly manner
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet specific targets and deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure within a team environment
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop relationships in both the Foundation and the hospital as well as with donors and fundraisers
- Flexible approach to working hours when necessary
- Ability to work on own initiative
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to Celine Nic Oireachtaigh, Communications Manager, Temple Street Foundation at email@example.com by Wednesday, 17th April.
Closing Date for Applications: 17th April 2019