Book Keeper (Part-Time)
Role: Book Keeper
Position: Part-Time (3 Days per month)
Location: Based at IFCA Office, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Reports to: IFCA CEO
Who we are
The Irish Foster Care Association is the representative body for foster care in Ireland. Its membership is broad based and includes foster carers, social workers and others with an interest in foster care. IFCA supports excellence in foster care and aims to ensure that foster carers and foster care in general, play a thorough and reliable part in the protection of children and be at the forefront of best practice in this regard.
The Irish Foster Care Association is the representative body for foster care in Ireland. Child-centred and rights-based, IFCA promotes excellence in foster care for all those involved.
Supporting excellence in foster care so that children in care have the best chances in life.
- Excellence in foster care for all those involved
- Open, respectful and transparent ways of working
- Equality and Inclusion
- A partnership approach between all those involved in foster care
The IFCA Book Keeper will maintain the financial records of IFCA by recording transactions and maintaining financial records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Recording and verifying creditor invoices for goods and services
- Verifying that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Preparation of invoices for approval, payment and data entry
- Preparation of sales invoices
- Entering invoices for payment
- Preparation of financial information for payroll
- Managing the monthly run
- Recording and processing cheques and payments
- Preparing cheques and remittance advices for mailing
- Preparing and making lodgements to IFCA accounts.
- Checking figures and reporting for accuracy.
- Reporting any irregularities in data to management.
- Posting payments / receipts to QuickBooks.
- Maintaining, recording and reconciling bank accounts
- Reviewing and reconciling expense claims
- General accounts and ad-hoc duties and responsibilities
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in processing of accounts payable, financial calculations for payroll and banking transactions
- QQ1 level 6 in accounts training
- Experience with accounting and payroll packages/software
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be able to prioritise work and an ability to work under pressure
- Be a responsible person who can follow procedures and guidelines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft outlook, excel, word
- Attend regular team meetings
- Contribute to team meetings and the overall work of the team
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft applications and accounting packages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good time management and dependability
- Demonstrate respectful working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
Terms and Conditions
- Part-time role; 3 days per month.
- Location- Primarily IFCA Office Unit 23 Village Green, Dublin 24
- Garda vetting and attendance at induction is required
- Two satisfactory references, one to be most recent employer
- Access to car and hold a full driving licence
Salary Scale: €21,503 pro-rata
Please email your CV and cover letter to Deidre Fennelly, HR Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 5pm, 22nd April 2019
Shortlisting will be applied, and interviews will take place on the week beginning April 29th
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be reviewed from time to time to reflect the needs of the organisation.