A vacancy has arisen in Edel House, a service of Good Shepherd Cork (GSC), for a SUPPORT WORKER dedicated to providing visiting support for families in private emergency accommodation (Hotels and B&Bs).
This vacancy will involve working 39 hrs per week including some evening and weekend work. This is a one year contract.
- Relevant qualification in Youth Work, Social Care or an appropriate equivalent
- Experience working in social care environment
- Experience working within homeless services
- Professional approach to working with vulnerable women and children.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager of Edel House the candidate will:
- Establish a caring and supportive relationship with clients.
- Meet with families in private emergency accommodation and assess their housing, practical and emotional support needs using the Care and Case Management Assessment Tools and approach for this process
- Provide intensive support to vulnerable families.
- Collaborate with Cork ETB and Springboard (Tusla) in the delivery of this support to families.
- Play an active role in the Steering Group (The Pod) which oversees the joint programme between GSC and Springboard.
- Encourage families to engage in Youth Club and other child-focused supports provided by GSC, Cork ETB and Springboard.
- Assist families to fill out paperwork while they are in B&B’s to facilitate their exit from homeless services.
- Support clients to limit the effect of homelessness of themselves and their children
- Initiate referrals to the Homeless Action Team, Tusla and Family Support Services, if required
- Where appropriate access services and supports to assist women and families
- Keep accurate and concise reports of all client meetings
- Adhere to Child Protection and Health, Safety & Security guidelines at all times
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
For further information on the role please contact: Colette Foster, Manager, Edel House at email@example.com.
Application for the position may be made by submitting a letter of application and your Curriculum Vitae.
Closing date for applications is 24th April 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.