Good Shepherd Cork invite applications for the position of Child and Youth Worker. The role of the Child and Youth Worker is to provide support and implement interventions with the children, teenagers, and young people in private emergency accommodation (B&Bs and hotels).
This is a Part-Time Vacancy offered on a one-year contract and will comprise of 19.5 hours per week including weekends and evenings. The position will be based out of Edel House, although the work location will vary as it will involve visits to families in B&Bs and hotels.
Reporting to Edel House Manager, the candidate will require the following:
- A minimum QQI Level 7 Childcare Qualification or BA in Youth Work, Early Years Childhood Studies, Social Care Degree, or equivalent
- Minimum two years’ experience working with vulnerable children, teenagers, and their parents.
- Have an understanding of the effects of homelessness on the child, young person and family.
- Have experience working with parents in relation to the child’s development and well-being.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Establish a caring and supportive relationship with children and their parents.
- Support children, with the engagement of their parents, in terms of their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Develop and implement appropriate and agreed care plans with children.
- Provide one to one and group play sessions with the children.
- Facilitate children to engage in Youth Club and other child-focused supports provided by Good Shepherd Cork, Cork ETB and Springboard (Tusla).
- Facilitate older young people to access youth work services.
- Identify particularly vulnerable children for more therapeutic support where required.
- Identify, monitor and report concerns in relation to a child’s development or well-being.
- Liaise with the family about any achievements or concerns in relation to their child.
- Liaise with other agencies involved in the well-being of children, as relevant.
For further information on the role please contact: Colette Foster, Manager, Edel House email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 24th April 2019.
Application is by CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .