NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Candle Community Trust
Post Title: Youth Worker / Home Liaison Worker
Contract: 1 year fixed term
About Candle Community Trust
Candle Community Trust provides educational and developmental programmes for young people. We are committed to creating and delivering a comprehensive best practice service to meet the needs of young people who experience disadvantage and marginalisation. Candle aims to divert young people from offending behaviour and provide a context for the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual growth of the person. Candle Community Trust is a progressive organisation that has pioneered the integration of the Trauma Recovery Model and Restorative Practices into their approach to working with young people.
Essential job skills / experience required:
- An *NSETS professionally endorsed qualification in Youth Work or Youth and Community Work.
- Three years’ full time experience of working with young people experiencing disadvantage
- Experience and knowledge of engaging with marginalised families.
This is an exciting position that involves both the role of a youth worker in a dynamic youth service and a home liaison worker that engages with the families of the young people that attend Candle Community Trust services. The role will involve devoting 17.5hrs to the youth service and 17.5 hrs to the Home liaison position. The Youth Worker/ Home Liaison worker role involves the development and delivery of programmes and activities that aim to meet the needs of the young people while also engaging with targeted families to achieve better outcomes. Candle Community Trust aims to work with young people from marginalised backgrounds that are at risk of social exclusion. It is important that the Youth Worker/Home Liaison Worker has the skill set and commitment to work with our target group and to support their personal/educational development. The role also requires the ability to engage marginalised families and work in partnership with the family to support the young person’s developmental and educational progression in Candle Community Trust. The service will be delivered in accordance with best practice and will provide a safe environment for young people.
- To empower young people to achieve their full potential in life
- To meet the needs of young people through youth work methodologies
- To plan, deliver and facilitate non-formal educational and personal development programmes
- To engage in regular detached Youth Work
- The Youth Worker will have shared responsibility for connecting young people and families into the service
- To work with identified young people and their families experiencing significant trauma and complexity including health, social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and/or at risk of social exclusion
- To assist young people attending Candle participate fully in their programme in order to achieve their full potential
- To undertake an active role in promoting liaison between parents, Candle staff and community and statutory teams and agencies as appropriate
- Support families by promoting links between the home, Candle and other relevant community agencies so that those currently experiencing health, social, emotional or behavioural difficulties benefit
- Work collaboratively in each of the Candle programme areas namely the Youth Service, Training programme and Connect
- To manage a key working /care-planning caseload in order to meet the young person’s needs
- Keep project records and provide updates and reports as requested, attend regular meetings
- To ensure at all times that the values and ethos of Candle Community Trust are respected and maintained
- To undertake other appropriate and relevant tasks as directed by the Director.
Candle Community Trust is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.
Candidates under consideration for employment in Candle Community Trust will be subject to Garda vetting and reference checks.
Please send a CV (max 2 pages) including two references and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of CV and Letter is 5.00pm 19th April 2019.
Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.