NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Working with Young People
556 North Circular Road, Dublin 1
Ph 01 8550367, www.streetline.ie
SOCIAL CARE POST FOR RELIEF AND PANAL
Streetline is a medium to long terms adolescent residential home in Dublin 1. We have developed a trauma/attachment approach in our work with young people who cannot live at home. We also have an Aftercare service which means continual care for all your residents until they are ready to live independently.
Applicants must have:
- HETAC Level 7 Qualification in a relevant Social care discipline
- Have an understanding of attachment theory and the impact of primary trauma
- Have a good understanding of the importance of re-recreating a home environment within a culture of playfulness, acceptance, curiosity and empathy.
- Experience working with young people
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- The successful candidates must be available for a variety of shifts including Sleepovers, , weekdays, weekends and unsociable hours
- An ability to implement the policies of the organisation
- An ability to make sound judgments and decisions based on current legislation, best practice and individual circumstances
- An ability to recreate a home, which is predictable, nourishing and clean.
- An ability to assess situations and act appropriately and use understanding and problem solving processes that best meet the needs of the children and the service
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to the values of Streetline to improve the lives of the people we support
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and handle changing priorities
- A full clean driving license an advantage
Pay is in line with the TUSLA Salary Scales
Please post cv and cover letter to Streetline, 556 North Circular Road, Dublin 1 by 16th April 2019 or firstname.lastname@example.org