GARDA YOUTH DIVERSION PROJECTS (8 -11 YEARS OLDS):
DONEGAL, DUBLIN & LIMERICK
Foróige, the National Youth Development Organisation, which promotes and fosters youth development through the operation of various youth services in urban and rural areas throughout the country, through the Irish Youth Justice Service and the Dormant Accounts Fund through the in conjunction with An Garda Síochána, invite applications for Full Time Project Worker positions in the following projects:
DONEGAL GYDP, DONEGAL
BEAT GYDP, DUBLIN 15
RATHKEALE GYDP, LIMERICK
Garda Youth Diversion Projects are Community based, multi-agency youth crime prevention initiatives which primarily seek to divert young people who have been involved in anti-social and/or criminal behaviour by providing suitable activities to facilitate personal development, promote civic responsibility and improve long term employability prospects. The projects may also work with young people who are significantly at risk of becoming involved in anti-social and/or criminal behaviour. By doing so, the projects contribute to improving the quality of life within communities and enhancing Garda/community relations. This is a very exciting opportunity for candidates with an interest and capability in this type of work.
The successful applicant(s) will have the following essential requirements;
- Education to Degree standard preferably in Youth / Justice / Health Promotion work (note: candidates with exceptional, relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree qualifications).
- 1 year experience in a GYDP or similar role (exclusive of student placement experiences)
- Access to car and full Irish driving licence.
- Relevant paid or voluntary experience of working with young people.
- Demonstrate the capacity to engage this 8-11 aged cohort of young people in creative and innovative initiatives that best responds to the needs of their specific needs.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of youth diversion work for the 8-11 age cohort
PLEASE VIEW THE JOB SPEC (SEE BELOW) FOR FULL DETAILS ON ALL REQUIREMENTS.
HOW TO APPLY:
The job spec and Foróige Job application form can be downloaded from this page and can also be downloaded from the ‘careers’ section of our website www.foroige.ie. Applications for this vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Job Application form only. Completed application forms can be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00pm FRIDAY 29th MARCH 2019. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.