YOUGHAL COMMUNITY BASED DRUG & ALCOHOL INITIATIVE, CORK
Foróige, the National Youth Development Organisation, which promotes and fosters youth development through the operation of various youth services in urban and rural areas throughout the country, in partnership with local advisory groups and funded by the Southern Regional Drugs and Alcohol Task force, now invite applications for the following position:
TEMPORARY YOUTH OFFICER WORKER
This Project is a partnership between Foróige and local advisory groups and funded by the Southern Regional Drugs and Alcohol Task force. The Southern Regional Drugs & Alcohol Task Force is set up under the National Drugs Strategy 2017 - 2025 to work with communities who are experiencing issues of drug and alcohol misuse and to support projects in these communities which address identified needs.
The successful applicant will have the following essential requirements;
- Education to Degree standard preferably in youth work / addiction / health promotion (note: candidates with exceptional, relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree qualifications).
- A minimum of 1 year relevant work experience
- Ability to mentor/advise youth and families on options available
- Ability to engage target group
- Paid or voluntary, experience working with young people affected by drugs, alcohol or related problems
- Skills in empowering others and facilitating development
- Access to car and full Irish driving licence
- An understanding of Youth Work and Community Work methodologies
PLEASE VIEW THE JOB SPEC (SEE BELOW) FOR FULL DETAILS ON ALL REQUIREMENTS.
HOW TO APPLY:
The job spec and Foróige Job application form can be downloaded from this page and can also be downloaded from the ‘careers’ section of our website www.foroige.ie. Applications for this vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Job Application form only. Completed application forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00pm FRIDAY 29th MARCH 2019. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.