EMPOWERMENT PLUS Social Care and Youth Workers.
EMPOWERMENT Plus are now recruiting for contract social care and youth workers for the following areas:
- Mayo (Castlebar/Claremorris, Ballina & Foxford)
Successful candidates will be placed on a panel and considered for contracts to work with young people and families depending on their specific needs and their geographical area.
About Empowerment Plus
EMPOWERMENT Plus is a non-profit organisation with registered charity status which works with children, young people and families who are at risk within their home or community. At Empowerment Plus we are committed to supporting young people and families who find themselves in high risk situations, and we believe that given the right help, the family is the natural environment for the care and upbringing of children.
The position requires a high degree of understanding and commitment to working with individuals and families that are at risk. The social care or youth worker must be able to use a rights based approach in their work and they must be committed to providing the highest level of service, care, protection and support for individuals and families at risk. The role will be multifaceted and not exclusively limited to the following areas; family support, outreach work, supervised access, foster placement support, supervised school transport.
Previous experience of working with young people and families at risk is required.
Own transport is essential along with up to date licence. Applicants who are successful will have to cover the costs of indemnification of Empowerment Plus on their insurance policy.
Applicants must supply suitable references and be prepared to complete a Garda vetting application form.
- Level 7 Degree in social care/youth work is essential or equivalent in a related field.
- Minimum Experience: 1 Year.
- Own Transport and full clean driving licence required.
- Flexibility with regards to working hours.
- Knowledge of child protection issues and relevant legislation.
- Certified in Children’s First.
- Understanding of complex needs of families at risk
- Experience of dealing with challenging behaviours and relevant training is preferred.
Please forward your CV and covering letter by email stating the area you wish to apply for by 5pm Friday 12th April 2019 to: email@example.com
Empowerment Plus is a Youth, Family & Community Support Service with Charitable Status.
Empowerment Plus is an Equal Opportunities Employer.