Archways are seeking to recruit an Area Based Childhood Programme: Community Development Worker
The Community Development Worker will be responsible for:
- Establishing contact with individuals and groups in local communities especially disadvantaged communities within the Blue Skies Initiative catchment area, namely in particular Adamstown, Lucan.
- Supporting the local community in Adamstown in collective action to address local issues by promoting the programme available through the Blue Skies Initiative
- Linking individuals and groups in disadvantaged communities to resources and supports available through Blue Skies Initiatives and other service providers
- Promoting social inclusion in local communities through effective use of community development principles and practice
Please see job description attached below.
- It is essential that the applicant hold a relevant third level qualification in some or any of the following: Community Development, Youth Work, Social Sciences, Education or a related field and have a minimum of three years’ experience in community development.
The post is full-time (35 hours per week) for a fixed period of 1 year
The closing date for receipt of applications 5pm 25th March 2019
Applications by CV should be sent to email@example.com