NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Saint John of God Community Services Dublin South East
As part of Saint John of God Community Services, Dublin South East provides a network of education, training, employment, respite and community living supports to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in South Dublin.
Staff Nurse – Children’s Respite Service
Fulltime and Relief Hours Available
We are recruiting for the above position providing support to children with intellectual disabilities in our Children’s Respite Services, Angel’s Quest.
The successful candidates must be committed to providing the highest standard of services in support of children to live satisfying, fulfilling and interesting lives. The role will require flexible weekend and weekday working to reflect the needs of the Children’s Respite Service.
The successful candidate will:
- Be on the current register of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and preferably RNID trained;
- Have a strong interest and /or experience in working with children with an intellectual disability and their families.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal, organisational and initiative skills.
- Understanding of POMS, Advocacy, Human Rights and Risk Management concepts.
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities and relevant legislation pertinent to support of children.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and social model practice in support of children;
- A full driving license (please outline any penalty pts on application).
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward your letter of application along with your Curriculum Vitae by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting REF:STAFFNURSEAQ
Informal enquiries to Helen Mullery/Gerry Keane – Tel: 01-285 2900
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th March 2019
Shortlisting will apply.
Saint John of God Community Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We operate HSE (Health Service Executive) funded services across Intellectual Disability, Adult Mental Health and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
HOSPITALITY CARE COMPASSION DIGNITY EXCELLENCE JUSTICE RESPECT TRUST