Head of Community Operations
Job Title: Head of Community Operations
Reporting To: Director of Operations
Status: Three-year fixed term contract, full-time
Location: Flexible (home and office-based, minimum 3 days office-based)
Salary Scale: €30,000 - €40,000 p.a., starting point on scale dependent on qualifications/experience
Start date: Immediately
Probationary Period: Six months
Benefits: 25 days annual leave (exclusive of public holidays), financial support for further education, 2 days positive mental health leave annually
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Core hours are Monday to Friday - however as our services operate 24/7 there is a requirement to be available across some weekends, early mornings, evenings and nights.
To apply: Apply via https://workable.com/j/366C346D1A only; no CVs accepted
About Community Creations
Community Creations is the not-for-profit company behind SpunOut.ie, Ireland’s award-winning youth information website. SpunOut.ie supported over 1 million young people in 2018. We are an energetic, dynamic and professional organisation run by young people, for young people, based in the heart of Dublin city.
Our mission to transform lives by improving access to digital resources is built on our strong belief that technology can help improve mental health outcomes in Ireland.
In 2019, Community Creations will establish a new remote active-listening text messaging service to support young people in moments of crisis. We’re putting together a team of passionate professionals to run the service and help young people in every community in Ireland.
About the job
The Head of Community Operations is responsible for overseeing all administrative aspects and operational details of the safe and effective delivery of providing a crisis active listening service primarily serving young people aged 16-34 over text and instant message.
A key member of the team, the Head of Community Operations will be responsible for managing the recruitment of staff and volunteers, overseeing financial administration of the service, office management, and performing HR administrative duties. This crucial role is responsible for ensuring proper day-to-day administration and support of a team of 6 full-time and 10 part-time supervisors, each monitoring and supporting trained volunteers providing the service.
A key function of the Head of Community Operations is to work collaboratively with our Head of Technical Operations and other members of the team to ensure the organisation is positioned to provide a seamless and quality experience to our users.
What will I be doing?
The Head of Community Operations has responsibility for the following areas:
- Operations management: Implementing and monitoring all core processes, ensuring resource capacity is planned and delivered appropriately, and that team members are trained and well-versed in decision-making standards.
- Financial administration: Managing the financial needs of the service team, keeping accurate and up-to-date financial records, managing financial correspondence and ensuring the operation of a prompt, thorough process for expenses, invoicing, reimbursement and related matters.
- Human resources: Managing the HR needs of the team, acting as an office manager and ensuring identification and communication of needs between management and staff.
- Understanding the needs of volunteers: Understanding and incorporating the needs of the volunteers and using those insights to improve processes and operations in coordination with colleagues.
- Helping to build a team: Providing support to the hiring manager with the recruitment process.
Who am I?
- Qualification: A relevant third level qualification or equivalent experience.
- Operations experience: You have at least two years’ experience in an operations role and have a keen understanding of the theory and practice of independently translating strategic goals into frontline outcomes. Experience in non-profits is an advantage, but not essential.
- Financial management: You are comfortable with and competent in managing the finances of a well-run team, and have experience to prove this. You have an easy command of numbers and accounts and can demonstrate a responsible and proactive attitude to ensuring good financial practice.
- HR administrative experience: You have a track record of ensuring HR and recruitment processes are seamlessly delivered for internal stakeholders.
- Performance reporting: You are comfortable with reporting on performance to goals through key performance indicators.
- A born organiser: You’re a natural multitasker, highly organised, and detail oriented.
- Comfortable in the IT space: you are naturally skilled with standard office software and would easily familiarize yourself with new systems associated with the platform’s service delivery and support.
- Prioritizing user experience: you’re patient and positive with supporting users issues on the platform and will go beyond reactive customer service to proactively understand our users.
- A good communicator: You possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Calm, collected and driven: You move quickly and can take big changes in your stride. You have excellent prioritisation, time management and follow-up skills. You communicate clearly and effectively in meetings and over email. You stay focused and concise, and solve problems quickly and calmly as they arise. You are reflective, empathic and resilient.
- Flexible: you are flexible in your approach to challenges and can adapt your methods of working to suit a changing situation.
- Passionate about developing a positive team culture: The team is always at the top of your mind and everything you do is based on making their experience the best it can possibly be. Your endless patience and positivity transfer to and support the whole team.
Sounds great, how do I apply?
Application is by online application form only & CVs will not be accepted. Please complete all fields of the application form. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
To apply please complete the application form here: https://workable.com/j/366C346D1A
Last day for receipt of applications is Sunday, the 24th of March.
Be advised that any offers are subject to reference checks and Garda clearance.
Queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
* * *
The above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to them from time to time.
All staff members are required to obtain Garda clearance as a condition of their initial and continued employment.
Community Creations is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All documentation received by Community Creations will be processed in accordance with the relevant applicable data protection legislation. The information will only be used in the processing of job applications and for ongoing administrative purposes with job candidates.