Early Year’s Practitioner – Full Time (37.5 Hrs)
Early Education and Care Service
Limerick Social Service Council CLG is seeking an enthusiastic Early Year’s Practitioner to join an established Team to work in close co-operation with the Manager, Room Leader, work colleagues and other team members in order to deliver a state of the art childcare service to our Clients.
The successful candidate will ensure the early years of the child are delivered in a professional manner to ensure that there is a safe, caring and welcoming environment for the children and their parents/carers.
Successful applicants for the above position must have the following:-
Essential - Education & Qualifications.
- Ideally - 3rd Level Childcare Qualification QQI Level 8 i.e. BA in Early Childhood Care & Education (ECCE)
- or at least QQI Level 6 with a view to further upskilling to Level 7/8
- We will consider Students due to complete QQI Level 8 in May 2019.
- First Aid Response (FAR) Certificate
- Children First – TUSLA/HSE e-Learning Programme.
- Previous experience working in a community based service.
- Good knowledge of Aistear / Siolta .
- HACCP Training.
- Working knowledge of current Childcare Regulations and Best Practice in the Sector.
- Health & Safety awareness
- A warm, caring personality that loves making a difference to children’s lives
- Be enthusiastic, energetic & highly motivated.
- Be organised, meticulous and efficient.
- Ability to work well on their own initiative and with a Team.
- Good communication skills – fluent in both written and spoken English
- Be friendly and caring.
- Flexible with regard to duties & rosters.
- Passionate for the education and development of children in our Service.
- Competitive Salary – depending on Qualifications & Experience
- Generous Annual Leave.
- Pension Scheme - after 1 years continuous service.
- Commitment to Continuous Professional Development (CDP)
- Friendly welcoming work environment.
The post is subject to 12 month’s Probation, 2 Written References, Garda Vetting and continued funding from our Statutory Funding Agencies.
Please send an up to date Curriculum Vitae together with covering letter to Margaret Meagher, Human Resources Manager, LSSC, Upper Henry St., Limerick.
Informal enquiries to:- Linda O’Donnell, Early Year’s Service Manager 061-314111.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 Noon on Tuesday 19th March, 2019
LSSC is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
This post is funded by the Department of Children & Youth Affairs & Pobal.
Please note it is our Policy under GDPR to hold Application/Forms/CVs for a period of 3 months to facilitate feedback & open panels (if applicable). Thereafter, all documentation shall be destroyed in line with the Organisation’s H.R. Privacy Notice.