NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Coolmine Therapeutic Community – Relief Childcare Practitioner – Ashleigh House, Damastown, D 15
Coolmine require a Relief Childcare worker for our Mother and Child Centre in Ashleigh House. The successful candidate will provide relief cover for the Creche in order to help ensure that we provide quality service to clients, their children and families/significant others in accordance with best practice in the area.
- To engage with and build trusting relationships with all clients at a formal and informal level in order to develop a viable and productive therapeutic relationship, treating them with dignity and respect at all times in order to promote and motivate clients towards full recovery, while working within the IAAAC and Coolmine code of ethics as well as the overall values of Coolmine Therapeutic Community.
- Create and maintain a safe, caring and stable environment for children in line with best practice. In line with agreed policies and procedures, to ensure that the rules governing safety and security are adhered to at all times
- To work directly with the children in the facility and their families to ensure that their physical, emotional and intellectual needs are met.
- To ensure the rights of the children are respected and that they are not subjected to any form of abuse.
- To carry out thorough assessments with children, in order to put in place comprehensive care plans that address their needs while at the same time establishing a cohesive and team based approach to the implementation and review system. Ensuring that all relevant documentation, filing, statistics, and paperwork are in line with the aims and standards of the project. To provide three-way support sessions for children, service users and members of the addiction team consulting with them and enabling them towards an improved parenting lifestyle.
- To establish links with external agencies (particularly the agencies within Blanchardstown network) and build relationships with them to assist in informal networking, inter-agency referral, and information sharing. Participate actively in agreed formal networks representing the best interests of Coolmine and your particular project.
- To work as part of a team with regular and consistent communication, participating actively at all team meetings and supporting the ethos, philosophy and methodology of the therapeutic community model.
- Such other appropriate and relevant tasks as may be required by the Services Manager/Creche Supervisor.
- Childcare FETAC level 5.
- Must have experience working in a creche or with children and young babies.
- Has experience and understands the importance and implications of working as part of a team.
- Experience of case management/care planning implementation and process.
Knowledge & Skills
- Has excellent communication and listening skills and can present information in a way that is not over simplistic or complicated, while communicating all relevant therapeutic community business to clients, colleagues and superiors.
- Enjoys working with people, is approachable, and demonstrates warm and friendly mannerisms with congruence, while being clear and explicit about professional and personal boundaries.
- Has a “can do” attitude and a positive solution focused approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Good oral and written skills with effective letter and report writing ability, maintaining accurate reports, files and paperwork.
- Uses assertive behaviour, demonstrating dignity and respect for self and others at all times.
- Has good awareness of self and others, grounded in the “here and now” with good anticipation and observational skills.
- Is open to appropriate challenges and confrontation from clients at the required time and place and is open to feedback and appraisal from colleagues and management.
- Is not afraid or unwilling to take on the work or responsibilities that are expected from a client resident.
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements should send their CV to Fiona O’Keeffe, Creche Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or before Wednesday 20th March 2019.