The Youth Training and Development Centre (YTDC) provides vocational training and education options to meet the needs of young people aged 16 – 21 from the local area who have left school early i.e. before Leaving Certificate and who are unemployed. Our Programme is designed to enhance each learner’s opportunities to learn new skills and achieve the certification necessary for progression into employment, further training or continued education. Delivering QQI Levels 3 & 4 we are one of the main delivery mechanisms for the Foundation phase of YOUTHREACH. The Board of Management invite applicants for the position of:
Part Time Advocate (Job Share)
The Advocate will be responsible for career path planning, in order to meet the specific guidance, training, and work experience needs of early school leavers in the CTC.
The successful candidate will have:
- An accredited 3rd Level Qualification (NFQ Level 6 minimum) in Career Path Planning, Career Guidance Counselling, Higher Certificate in Advocacy Studies, Coaching or Mentoring would be desirable
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with Learners/Young People.
- A learner centred approach to the work and the ability to provide guidance and deliver flexible options to learners
- Ability to work effectively with CTC staff, learners, employers, external partners and others as appropriate to support learner progression.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork and IT skills.
- Proven experience of working with the key state agencies that work with early school leavers.
- An awareness and understanding of QQI, Common Awards and the National Framework of Qualifications for CTCs
- A full clean driving licence
The successful applicant will job share with an existing Advocate and will be employed for 17.5 hours per week.
Applications by CV together with a cover letter stating suitability for the position, should be marked private and confidential and returned by post to Mrs Kathleen Cramer, Youth Training and Development Centre, Newbridge, Co. Kildare W12 R244
Closing date for receipt of applications is 4th March at 5:00pm. Late applications will not be considered. Interviews are expected to be held on 20th March, 2019
The salary scale associated with the post is €15,826 to €28,236 including two long services increments. A job description is available on request from: firstname.lastname@example.org
YTDC is an equal opportunities employer
Successful applicants will be subject to Garda Vetting