NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Barnardos was established in 1962. We work with vulnerable children and their families and campaign for the rights of all children.
We provide practical and professional supports for children, young people and families in over 40 centres and services in Ireland and in 2018 we worked with over 17,000 children and families.
Barnardos deliver services and support through:
If you are interested in changing the lives of children and families, get in touch today
Family Support Worker
Finglas, Dublin 11
Part Time (10 hrs) & Fixed Term contract to end of August 2019.
We are flexible on how the hours are worked, for example over 2 or 3 days.
Salary: €6,969 - €9,328
What will the Family Support Worker do?
They will offer practical advice and support to families to develop their skills to meet their children’s needs on an ongoing basis, e.g. budgeting, home management, hygiene and nutrition, play, behaviour management etc.
They will also deliver group work programmes to children in the community i.e. morning clubs, afterschool groups, stay and play groups.
A minimum of two year’s experience of working with children and families who experience disadvantages is essential.
- FETAC Level 5 in working with children is essential.
- Good computer skills are essential, experience of electronic record keeping.
- Experience of delivering group work programmes to children in the community i.e. morning clubs, afterschool groups, stay and play groups is essential.
- Training in specific parenting and group work approaches, along with knowledge of child development will be an advantage.
- Full driving licence and access to the use of a suitably insured car is essential
For full job description check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs
Role close at 5pm on Wednesday 20th February 2019
Shortlisting will apply (please note, cv’s are not accepted on their own, candidates must complete and submit our application form through our website).
Cv’s are accepted only in addition to submission of a fully completed application form.