NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Limerick Youth Service is a voluntary Youth Work Organisation whose mission is: “connecting with young people and supporting them to reach their full potential.”
Limerick Youth Service wish to recruit for the following position to deliver the Ability Programme for Limerick Metropolitan area.
Ability Project Coordinator (35 hours per week)
Temporary (Initially for 6 months)
The Limerick Ability Project will support Young People 15-24 years in the Limerick Metropolitan district, in need of employability support, who have; a diagnosis of ASD, a mental health condition, a learning disability or Hidden disability.
The aim of the project is to support Young People with disabilities in the Limerick Metropolitan area, to access the world of work and create meaningful social roles.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall development, implementation & evaluation of the project. The Coordinator will lead referral processes, recruitment of participants, assessment and exit strategies. The Coordinator will also be a vital link with partner organisations and the involvement of additional sectors / expertise in the project. They will be involved in building an awareness of the Ability project across all relevant stakeholders (including employers). This role will also ensure best practice in the professional support and supervision of the staff team.
Education & Experience
Suitable candidates must have:
- A recognised qualification in occupational therapy, mental health, psychotherapy, counselling, social sciences (e.g. social care, or related), (Candidates with sufficient relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of relevant qualification)
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar or related field.
- Experience of working with young people with a disability and/or young people with mental health difficulties.
- An awareness of and familiarity with the issues relating to the barriers that young people with disability can face in progressing education, training or employment.
- Experience of managing / administrating interagency programmes.
- Evidence of the production of high quality plans, reports and written material.
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience of data management and CRM Systems.
- A current full driving license and access to own transport.
- The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication & facilitation skills.
- Self-starter who can work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Empathetic and sensitive to deal with young people with disabilities.
- Self-motivated to achieve high standards and outcomes.
- Ability to analyse information and make decisions that meet the goals of the project.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with a wide range of contacts to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Flexible to respond to changing needs as they arise and cope with pressure.
- Highly organised, good time management with ability to prioritise work.
How to apply:
To be considered eligible for the above vacancy interested candidates must complete an application form. A job description and application form can be downloaded online at http://www.limerickyouthservice.com/get-involved/vacancies or alternatively e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 18th February by 5pm
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
(A panel may be formed from this recruitment process from which future vacancies in the organisation may be filled and will expire after 1 year)