Youth Advocate Programmes Ireland
Vacancies: Advocates – Fixed Purpose Contracts
YAP Ireland are looking for male and female advocates to work in YOUR community
Applications are being sought from Meath, Cavan & Louth with a particular focus on the following areas;
Ardee, Ashbourne, Duleek, Dunshaughlin, Enfield, Kells, Kingscourt, Laytown, Ratoath, Trim & Virginia
Job reference number - NE0219
YAP advocates come from all walks of life and make a huge difference to the lives of Young People. The training and experience we provide also opens-up opportunities for advocates to become skilled and experienced at working within their community in a strengths-based way.
“It is an organisation that cares about employees and clients” – Advocate-YAP Staff Opinion Survey 2018
“Great support for this young person and helped to build capacity to get out into community” – TUSLA Social Worker
“It`s getting my son out. He's starting to socialise. It gives him a break away from the home and time to do his own little thing. He loves going with his Advocate.” - Parent
“YAP is the best thing that has ever happened to me.” – Young Person
About us: YAP Ireland is a registered charity that provides a needs-led, family support service which uses a strengths-based approach to improve the lives of young people and their families in their community.
The Role of the Advocate:
- To provide a one-to-one service to Young People and Families for up to 15 hours per week (€14.71 per hour).
- To build a trusting relationship with young people & parents /carers.
- To work with young people and families to achieve their goals
- To identify and link young people and families with the appropriate community supports.
- To support young person to identify their interests and support parent with parenting.
Advocates Requirements: You need to be:
- A good listener and a positive role model
- Available for flexible working hours, evenings and weekends
- Interested in your community and want to make a difference
- Have a full driving license and access to your own transport
- Advocates report to Team Leaders and with their support develop a strengths-based, needs-led Individual Service Plan (ISP) with the young person and family
- Advocates are required to attend fortnightly supervisions and monthly team meetings
IF YOU THINK THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU: WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU
For further information and to apply go to http://www.yapireland.ie/get-involved/work-with-us/ Closing date for receipt of applications is: 24th February 2019. Only completed application forms will be accepted, CVs will NOT be accepted. If sufficient applications are received before the closing date, these vacancies may close early.
Full Training will be provided. Successful applicants will form a panel for consideration throughout 2019 & 2020. N.B. If you are short-listed you will need to be available for first stage interview between 11th & 14th March 2019 and for second stage interview between 26th & 29th March 2019. There is also a 5-day training programme that will commence in April 2019. All the above will take place in YAP Ireland, 1 Brews Hill, Navan, Co Meath/ YAP Ireland, 2nd Floor, Office 4, Bridge Street Resource & Community Centre, Bridge street, Cavan & YAP Ireland, Unit 15-2, Workspace Centre, Mayoralty street, Drogheda, Co Louth