NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Early Years Practitioners – Daphne View, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
1 X 20 hours per week Mornings Mon-Fri Fixed term 12 Month
1 X 20 hours per week Mornings Mon-Fri - Maternity Leave
Responsible to: Early Years Childcare Manager
To act as a positive role model and be responsible for the delivery and implementation of a high-quality play-based curriculum under the guidance of the national quality frameworks Aistear and Síolta both indoors and outdoors. To, guide, observe, stimulate and supervise children in a safe and caring environment as part of the childcare team
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- To follow the policies and procedure of the service at all times.
- To conduct observation and learning stories for all children.
- To organise materials and resources to ensure that they reflect the children’s emerging interests and abilities.
- To implement a play-based curriculum that encourages independence and fosters the growth of self-esteem within all children.
- To support children’s emotional, social and cognitive development.
- To assist in providing healthy snacks which meet the growing needs of children and reflects variation in culture or dietary needs.
- To develop and support parental involvement strategies that enhance children’s learning experiences
- To ensure that the welfare of children is paramount in accordance with Children First; National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children.
- Promote the services in the local community and wider area to assist and support the quality and sustainability of the service.
- Commitment to high quality early education
- The ability to work in collaboration with a dedicated team
- Highly motivated to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A professional and enthusiastic disposition
- Flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development
- Garda Vetting will be required as part of the recruitment process
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of FETAC Level 5 in Early Years Education
- One-year post-paid qualification experience of working in an early year
- Strong understanding and experience in Early Childhood Education
Please apply by sending C.V. and covering letter to email@example.com before close of business 13th February 2019