NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Blakestown and Mountview Youth Initiative (BMYI) is a community-based project working in the Blakestown and Mountview area of Blanchardstown. We work with young people (14-18) and their families, in the region of sixty at any one time. We are a referral based service, funded through the HSE, Local Drugs & Alcohol Task Force and Tusla supporting young people and their families with a variety of services.
BMYI is currently recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: Part Time Youth Development Worker: 14 Hours per week
To work as part of the overall BMYI team, addressing needs of young people and their families through support programmes and care plans. There will be a focus on supporting young people involved in BMYI to remain in education and establish educational programmes for young people who are out of school
Terms & Conditions:
Contract: Initially contracted until year end 2019, subject to funding and probationary period.
Salary: Point 1 HSE Project Worker Scale (€34,310) pro rata
- A recognised third level qualifications in formal or informal education, Youth Work or a related field
- Experience working with target group beneficial
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Ability to engage target group
- Strong report writing and IT Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Capability of working on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Understanding of youth work & community work methodologies
Interested applicants are invited to post a cover letter and completed application form to the address below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on the 11th of February 2019