NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The West End Youth Centre is located in the Our Lady of Lourdes Community on the Southside of Limerick City. Our Mission is to create a busy, safe, friendly place full of activities for the young people in the area. Our vision is that all young people can be empowered and valued through active involvement in all aspects of the community. We are determined that the youth centre will serve as a focal point of activity and purpose for local young people.
We wish to recruit a Part-Time Youth Worker (17.5 hours per week) on a fixed term contract for one year subject to funding.
The focus of the work is with young people aged 8 to 24 who are at risk of and/or experiencing social exclusion in line with the Value for Money and Policy Review of youth funding schemes (VFMPR) and National Youth Strategy.
- Experience of working with young people through the development of programmes based on identified needs.
- Experience in the delivery of innovative, creative, fun programmes and activities to young people.
- Delivery of programmes at times when young people are available i.e. afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Education and Experience
- A professional Qualification in Youth and Community Work or a related field, and/or 3 years experience working in a youth-work related position.
- An enthusiastic, dynamic individual who is committed to the principles and values of youth and/or community work.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, delivery and evaluation of Youth Work programmes.
- Excellent organisational, administrative, computer, interpersonal and communication skills.
How to apply
Applications for the position are by application form only which should be sent either by email to email@example.com with the subject line Ref: Youth Worker (Part-time) or by post in an envelope marked ‘Private & Confidential to: Barry Killeen, Coordinator, West End Youth Centre, Our Lady of Lourdes Community Services Group, Childers Road, Rosbrien, Limerick.
Closing date for completed applications is strictly Tuesday 12th February.
Candidates under consideration for the role will be subject to Garda vetting. The successful candidate will undergo 2 reference checks before commencing employment.
A panel may be formed from this recruitment process from which future vacancies may be filled and will expire after 1 year
Please see Job Description and Application Form attached below.
Our Lady of Lourdes Community Services Group is an equal opportunities employer.