CARI is a registered charity that provides therapy and support to children, families and groups affected by child sexual abuse. More information on our services and the positions below can be found on our website www.cari.ie
CARI is currently recruiting for these positions. All roles are CE positions which entails working 19.5 hours a week and requires the applicant to be in receipt of a social welfare payment for 12 months and be assigned an Intreo Officer.
HELPLINE Support Worker (TRAINING PROVIDED) X2
- To answer all incomings calls to Helpline.
- To assess a callers needs and to provide appropriate support.
- To keep a clear, concise and accurate records of the telephone calls in accordance with helpline department procedures.
- To attend regular supervision as arranged by the Team Leader.
- Welcoming clients to the building for their therapy sessions and managing overall room allocation.
- To offer support to colleagues who may have experienced a difficult telephone call.
- To ensure all clients related materials are locked away at the end of each working day.
No experience necessary as a full 6-week training program is provided. However, an interest in the subject or a wish to enter this field of employment is beneficial at interview.
INFORMATION OFFICER (TRAINING PROVIDED)
- The primary role is to raise awareness about CARI and the services it provides.
- To participate in and promote the development of the service according to policies, protocols and guidelines as stated by the Management.
- Contact relevant stakeholders to provide information and gather information about supports for children.
- Organise and manage information exchanges between CARI and relevant stakeholders
- To keep a clear, concise and accurate record of all correspondence, maintaining and adding to database.
- To take responsibility for the keeping up to date with issues relating to child sexual abuse, including media reports and professional publications as well as current perspectives. Report findings to Manager/Team Leader and request PR response.
- Generate ideas that would create awareness of the services CARI provide.
- Reporting directly to your Manager/Team Leader. Provide weekly progress reports on work completed.
- Any other task deemed suitable by your Manager/Team Leader,
- To follow Child Protection Policies and Procedures
- To attend to the front paths making sure that there are no obstructions
- To maintain the gardens front and back, and keep them tidy.
- To put bins out on collection day.
- To ensure that safety standards are compiled with when working indoors.
- To maintain the interior of the CARI building.
- Set up a painting plan of the interior of the CARI building.
- Maintain shed and keep clean and tidy.
- Assist from time to time with other work going on in the building.
- Check fire extinguishers and report findings to line manager.
- Liaise with cleaner.
- Attend all staff meetings and participate in all training.
RECEPTIONIST (TRAINING PROVIDED) X1
- To answer all incoming calls to the CARI centre and return missed calls.
- Relay messages to all departments in appropriate format and forward calls to voice mail as appropriate.
- To keep clear and accurate details of calls and messages.
- To redirect helpline calls that come through the reception phone
- Liaise between clients and therapy dept.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Participate in training, agreed and provided
CLERICAL STAFF X2
- to provide clerical support to our therapy team
- microsoft office an advantage
- other duties involve relaying messages to therapist and clients
- arranging and cancelling of appointments
- and any other duties assigned by therapy team leader
Please forward your CV to email@example.com by Friday 22nd February 2019