PEACE IV DONEGAL A9 – Diversionary Youth Programme
Foróige, the National Youth Development Organisation, which promotes and fosters youth development through the operation of various youth services in urban and rural areas throughout the country, now invite applications for the following position:
(35 hours per week minimum)
The EU’s Peace IV programmes is managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB), the specific objective for which is, “The promotion of positive relations characterised by respect and where cultural diversity is celebrated and people can live, learn and socialise together, free from prejudice, hate and intolerance”.
The successful applicant will have the following essential requirements;
- Education to National Degree standard.
- Exposure and understanding of PEACE work and of working with young people from minority ethnic groups.
- Good understanding of the purpose and objectives of PEACE IV.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Foróige’s philosophy and approach to youth work and engaging young people and families.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of working with young people experiencing adversity in their lives and planning interventions in order to achieve the best possible outcomes with Project participants.
- A good knowledge and understanding of National Policy Frameworks and governance protocols.
- Experience in establishing, leading and coordinating new and innovative responses to youth needs.
- Ability to work in an efficient manner and to lead and motivate others.
- Car owner with full driving licence.
PLEASE VIEW THE JOB SPEC (SEE BELOW) FOR FULL DETAILS ON ALL REQUIREMENTS.
HOW TO APPLY:
The job spec and Foróige Job application form can be downloaded from this page (see below) and can also be downloaded from the ‘careers’ section of our website www.foroige.ie. Applications for this vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Job Application form only (see below). If applying for more than 1 vacancy with Foróige you only need to fill in 1 application form.
Completed application forms can be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of job application forms is 5.00pm 18th January, 2019. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.