Vacancy Family Development Worker (FDW)
FamiliBase is a centre for children, young people and families based in Ballyfermot.
FamiliBase, on behalf of the Family Matters Initiative, are seeking to recruit an experienced Family Development Worker as part of the team to deliver the ABC programme in Ballyfermot. The Family Matters Initiative will work under three thematic strands:
- Oral Language Development
- Parent and Family Support
- Youth Mental Health and Wellbeing
The Family Development Worker will work with targeted families engaged in the speech and language strand of the Family Matters Initiative. The Family Development Worker will deliver direct Family and Parenting Support. S/he will provide wraparound support to ensure optimum outcomes for the children.
The successful candidates will only be appointed after successful completion of Garda vetting and reference checks.
As well as the essential and desirable criteria as outlined on the attached Job Description, applicants must possess the following;
- Demonstrated flexible attitude to work
- Demonstrated ability to work within a wider continuum of service delivery
- Capacity to ensure the organisational policies and procedures support the needs-led nature of the practice in FamiliBase
- A commitment to working with parents and children in a way that supports positive child development, child-parent relationship and overall child and family well-being.
Job descriptions and application forms are attached.
Application is by way of application form only. CV’s will not be accepted.
Please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org including the application code in the subject line e.g. FDW
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 25th January 2019
Shortlisitng will apply.
Anticipated date for interviews: Friday the 1st March 2019
Please note only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
FamiliBase is an equal opportunities employer.