NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
St. Catherine’s Association
Newcastle, Greystones, Co. Wicklow
St. Catherine’s Association is a non-profit organisation which provides health and social care services; training, residential and respite/short breaks to children and young people who have intellectual and other disabilities. These services include Early Intervention for children from birth to age six, Pre-School Support, a team providing clinical support to children and young people including; Psychology, Speech & Language Therapy, Physiotherapy, Positive Behaviour Support, Occupational Therapy, Nursing and other supports.
St. Catherine’s Association are currently looking for dedicated and caring staff to join our team and fill the following vacancies:
Social Care Workers & Care Assistants – Full-Time & Part-time (Fixed-Term & Relief Contracts)
- Social Care Worker: Graduate or studying towards a QQI Level 7 Bachelor of Arts in Applied Social Studies, Social Care or equivalent.
Care Assistant: Minimum QQI Level 5 in Social Studies, Social Care or equivalent.
- Person-centred approach.
- Able to work a variety of shifts including sleepovers, waking nights, day shifts, weekday, weekends, holiday periods and unsociable hours.
- Ability to work as part of a team, assess situations and act appropriately using analytical and problem solving process which best meets the needs of the children/young adults and the service.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and IT skills.
- High level of motivation.
- Experience in Report Writing.
- Full drivers license and willing to drive company vehicles.
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and reliability is paramount for the role.
- Good knowledge of HIQA regulations for persons with disabilities in residential and respite services.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle changing priorities.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to the values of St. Catherine’s Association to improve the lives of the people we support.
- Experience in working with individuals with behaviours that challenge.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the multidisciplinary team and enjoy a high level of professional support.
Short listing of candidates will apply for the above position
If you are interested in applying for the above position please forward your letter of application and an up-to-date CV to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Sunday 20th of January 2019
St. Catherine’s Association is an equal opportunities employer