St. Catherine’s Association
Newcastle, Greystones, Co. Wicklow
Commencing March 2019
St. Catherine’s Association is a non-profit organisation which provides health and social care services; training, residential and respite/short breaks to children and young people who have intellectual and other disabilities. These services include Early Intervention for children from birth to age six, Pre-School Support, a team providing clinical support to children and young people including; Psychology, Speech & Language Therapy, Physiotherapy, Positive Behaviour Support, Occupational Therapy, Nursing and other supports.
The following vacancy exists on a Full Time (39 hours per week) Specified Purpose Contract for a:
Deputy Children’s Services Manager (Residential)
The successful applicant will assist the Children’s Services Manager in the management of Residential services and will ensure the smooth running of the service and the leadership/management of all staff. The Deputy Children’s Services Manager will be expected to deputise in the absence of the Children’s Services Manager as and when required. The successful applicant will be required to travel to various locations of the Organisation and to represent St Catherine’s Association wherever necessary.
- QQI Level 7 Bachelor of Arts in Applied Social Studies, Social Care or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with people with intellectual disabilities
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and handle changing priorities
- Excellent communication, organisational and IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership skills
- An ability to make sound judgments and decisions based on current legislation, best practice and individual circumstances
- An ability to assess situations and act appropriately and use analytical and problem solving processes that best meet the needs of the clients and the service
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience of leadership
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation and HIQA Standards
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and reliability is paramount for the role.
- Hold a full clean driving license and have access to transport
- Previous management experience
- Experience in managing budgets
- Ability to lead and participate on new initiatives and projects
- An ability to implement the policies of the organisation and propose policies for the organisation where they are needed
- A commitment to self-development & the development of others
- Ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to the values of St Catherine’s to improve the lives of the people we support
Short listing of candidates will apply for the above position
If you are interested in applying for the above position please forward your letter of application and an up-to-date CV to the HR Department: email@example.com by Wednesday 23st of January 2019 at 5pm.
St. Catherine’s Association is an equal opportunities employer