NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Lagore Road Community Childcare
Cook Required (Part-time)
Job Title: Cook
Employer: Lagore Road Community Childcare CLG
Location: Lagore Road, Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath
Reporting to: The Manager of Lagore Road Community Childcare
Contract: Permanent – part-time 20 Hours Per Week
Reporting to the Manager of First Steps Childcare Centre, the Cook will be responsible for menu planning, purchasing of food and supplies and daily preparation of nutritious meals and snacks served to the children ages 6 months to 13 years. The work of the Cook will be conducted in strict compliance with the regulations of The Food Safety Authority of Ireland and all other applicable legislation. The Cook will work in consultation with the Childcare Manager and his/her team to ensure the smooth operation of the kitchen.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advance planning of menus and snacks; posting of menus for parents and staff
- Prepare and serve hot meal and snacks for children
- Conduct housekeeping tasks necessary to maintain the kitchen in an organized, clean, safe and hygienic condition at all times
- Deliver and collect lunch/snack trays
- Complete clean up after each meal (i.e. dishes, countertops, etc.)
- Meet with the Health Inspector as required to ensure kitchen and practices are in compliance with legislation standards
- Regular inventory of kitchen equipment and supplies
- Purchase all food in order to implement the planned menus
- Purchase all household supplies for the kitchen
- Unpacking and checking of orders
- Follow established procedures regarding forwarding of all receipts related to purchases
- Establish and maintain open communication with staff regarding children’s dietary restrictions, allergies, etc.
- Assist in administration of first aid, as required
- Participate in fire drills and other emergency procedures as necessary
- Attend staff/program meetings/training as required
- Attend professional development and other relevant training opportunities when available, e.g. in order to remain current with respect to regulations on proper food handling, etc.
- Other duties; participation in special events as assigned by the Childcare Manager
- Assists the Childcare Manager in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by promptly reporting any existing and/or potential workplace hazards.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Suitable candidates must hold or be in the process of getting a Certificate in Food Hygiene /HACCP for Food Handlers. A valid First Aid Certificate is also essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Applicants wishing to apply for the above post should send a letter of application and a CV to:
The Chief Executive Officer
First Steps Childcare Centre
Lagore Road, Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath, A85 WN32
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: Wednesday, 16 January 2019
‘Supported by the Department of Social Protection, which is funded by the Irish Government’