The Limerick Youth Service is a not for profit, voluntary organisation and registered charity. We work with young people aged 10-25 in Limerick City and County. The organisation is an Integrated Youth Service and one of 22 Member Youth Services of Youth Work Ireland. Our mission statement is:
“Connecting with Young People and supporting them to reach their full potential”.
The Limerick Youth Service in conjunction with the HSE are now looking to recruit the following person to support the development of a sustainable approach to Traveller youth mental health engagement and empowerment.
Traveller Youth Mental Health Worker
Fixed Term Contract 1 year
The Youth Mental Health Worker will be responsible for developing a holistic response to the needs of young travellers (10–25yrs) through a variety of methods including: Group work, individual mentoring, advisory groups, social integration programmes and training opportunities.
Suitable candidates must have:
- A recognised qualification in youth work, social care, or related field. (Candidates with sufficient relevant experience may also be considered in lieu of qualification)
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Youthwork, youth participation and working with diverse communities.
- Project Management skills.
- Knowledge/ experience in the area of youth mental health.
- A current full driving license and access to own transport.
- Demonstrable experience in facilitating groups and group work as well as formal training delivery.
- Strong administration, IT and report writing skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders
How to apply:
To be considered eligible for the above vacancy interested candidates must complete an application form. A job description and application form can be downloaded online at http://www.limerickyouthservice.com/get-involved/vacancies or alternatively e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 21st January 2019 by 5pm
Limerick Youth Service is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
(A panel may be formed from this recruitment process from which future vacancies in the organisation may be filled and will expire after 1 year)