Childcare & Community Services Manager
Reports to: The Head of Customer Services
Main Purpose of Role
This is a senior position within Co-operative Housing Ireland involving responsibility for the management and leadership of a multi-centre Childcare Team. This busy role provides the opportunity for an energetic and ambitious person to contribute to the future development of childcare services in Ireland using the co-operative model. Based in one of our childcare centres, the successful candidate will take responsibility for all aspects of our Childcare Business, including child safeguarding, quality of service, policies and procedures, child-focused curriculum design, preparation for inspections, financial management, and developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
The following is a summary of the key responsibilities:
- Manage, support, and motivate Service Managers and staff within a multi-site Childcare Team providing toddler, preschool and afterschool.
- Planning strategically to ensure the sustainability and development of our childcare division.
- Responsibility for child protection, health & safety and policies & procedures and risk assessment relating to Childcare Division.
- Preparation for DES, Tusla and Pobal inspections.
- Ensure that each Service Manager maintains up to date financial and other records including PIP registrations.
- Financial Management, budgets and business planning including the collection of fees and administration of Petty Cash.
- Grant application management and reporting for grant funded schemes and programmes.
- Approval of Payroll hours.
- Leading CHI’s Performance Management process in the Childcare division
- Ensure adequate staffing is in place at all times.
- Induction of new staff, students and volunteers.
- Ensuring staff training is carried out and up to date.
- Recording of all Annual leave, Sick leave and Toil
- Administration of relief staff, breaks ratio, school collections.
- Monthly reporting of agreed KPI’s to Head of Customer Services and the supply of relevant information to the Executive Management Team, Finance and Corporate Services.
- Reporting to the National Board and the Customers Services Sub-Committee on childcare and community related matters.
- Oversight of the design and documentation of a child centred curriculum in line with best practice.
- Working with families using the co-operative ethos of CHI, supporting the families to register for DCYA schemes and the LINC inclusion programme as applicable.
- Facilitation of Parenting Courses
- Representing CHI and maintaining strong relationships with external stakeholders including families and local communities, ABC Consortia, primary schools, Better Start, PHN, DCYA, DES, ECI, Pobal, Early Years Intervention Teams, and County Childcare Committees.
- Contributing to policy consultations
- Conference attendance and keeping up to date with changes in the sector.
- HAACP Administration, nutrition planning and food shopping
- Responsibility for maintenance, cleaning rotas, fire safety, pest control and first aid.
- To contribute to the work of the wider CHI organisation through teamwork, contributing to committees and special projects in a spirit of co-operation with colleagues in other areas of the organisation.
- Any other duties within the general requirements of the above that may be assigned by the Head of Customer Services from time-to-time.
- Strong business development, leadership and communication skills
- An interest in building communities and better outcomes for children and families
- Ability to form beneficial relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate knowledge sharing, identify knowledge gaps, mentoring and development of the staff team.
- Excellent business administration and organisational skills
- Self-motivated with a commitment to life-long learning
Education, Experience & Knowledge
- Min qualification Level 6 in Childcare, degree level an advantage.
- Proven experience in developing, mentoring and managing a multi-site staff team.
- 10+ years experience in delivery of high quality service to Children.
- Experience of change management and business development
- Financial management, budgets and business planning experience
- Health and Safety and Risk Protocols experience
- Experience in the preparation for Tusla, DES and Pobal inspections
- Experience in the Community/Charity sector
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is noon Friday 25th January 2019
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on applications and CVs submitted. The short-listing selection criteria are based on the requirements of the job as outlined in this job description.
Co-operative Housing Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society