ADOPTION AUTHORITY OF IRELAND
PRINCIPAL SOCIAL WORKER REQUIRED – 3 YEAR CONTRACT
The Adoption Authority of Ireland is the regulatory body for adoption in Ireland. The Authority is seeking to fill a vacancy at Principal Social Worker level. The position is currently based in the Authority’s offices in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. All staff of the Adoption Authority are public servants.
The Principal Social Worker is a key member of the Senior Management Team and will be required to develop a strong relationship with the Management Team, clearly understanding their mission, challenges and initiatives. The Principal Social Worker will collaborate regularly with executive and senior level management regarding the development and administration of strategic services and actively contribute to the development and implementation of the Authority’s objectives and strategies.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- lead and report on the inspection process for accredited agencies;
- review, advise, negotiate, report and make recommendations on social work practice and procedures in relation to agency submissions for accreditation;
- facilitate the development of national standards and regulations among accredited agencies;
- draft practice guidelines in specific areas of adoption;
- collaborate with service providers on the implementation of agreed standardised procedures;
- collaborate, consult with and provide training to various stakeholders as required;
- provide guidance on sensitive and complex cases in domestic and intercountry adoption applications and information and tracing services;
- contribute to research projects and developments and research sub-committees of the Board;
- ensure the implementation of Children First guidelines within the Adoption Authority;
- as required, provide reports and advice to the Board of the Authority and attend meetings of the Board of the Authority;
- contribute to and work to implement the Corporate and Business Plans of the Authority;
- provide submissions for Annual Report;
- participate in service development;
- participate in the Duty Phone service;
- undertake duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
The requirements for the post of Professionally Qualified Social Worker include:
- have a minimum of four years’ experience working at team leader level (or higher).
- evidence of a recognised professional qualification in social work and registration with CORU;
- experience of supervision of social work practice;
- experience of management in adoption, child and family or similar social service provision;
- high level of report writing and presentation skills
- excellent management and leadership skills;
- experience in service development;
- capacity to carry out functions set by the Chief Executive Officer of the Adoption Authority.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the range of duties and it is neither definitive nor restrictive. The Adoption Authority reserves the right to assign staff within the Authority as appropriate and necessary.
For further information and to download an application form please go to News section on the Authority’s website at www.aai.gov.ie. Closing date 12 noon on Wednesday 23rd January 2019.