St. Catherine’s Association
Newcastle, Greystones, Co. Wicklow
St. Catherine’s Association is a non-profit organisation which provides health and social care services; training, residential and respite/short breaks to children and young people who have intellectual and other disabilities. These services include Early Intervention for children from birth to age six, Pre-School Support, a team providing clinical support to children and young people including; Psychology, Speech & Language Therapy, Physiotherapy, Positive Behaviour Support, Occupational Therapy, Nursing and other supports.
The following vacancy exists on a Permanent Contract (37 hours a week) for a:
Basic Staff Grade Occupational Therapist
- A recognised validated University Degree or Diploma or an equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy.
- Registered with CORU on the Register for Occupational Therapists.
- Be eligible to work in the state.
- An interest working with clients with physical/Intellectual disabilities and autism.
- Recent, relevant post graduate, or under-graduate placement experience, in a paediatric setting.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Full drivers license
- Familiarity with assessment tools (sensory processing, motor development and visual perceptual) and equipment assessment (specialized buggies, wheelchairs etc.).
- Experience working with children with ASD.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of:
- National Policy surrounding Progressing Disability Services (PDS)
- Knowledge of the Disability Act/ AON processes
- HIQA requirements for Residential and Respite Services
The successful candidate will work as a member of the multidisciplinary team and enjoy a high level of professional support.
Short listing of candidates will apply for the above position
If you are interested in applying for the above position please forward your letter of application and an up-to-date CV to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21st of December at 5pm.
St. Catherine’s Association is an equal opportunities employer