ROSCOMMON YOUTH & FAMILY SUPPORT PROJECT
Foróige, the National Youth Development Organisation, which promotes and fosters youth development through the operation of various youth services in urban and rural areas throughout the country in conjunction with TUSLA, Child & Family Agency, invite applications for the following position:
The successful applicant will have;
- Education to National Diploma or Degree standard in social care or other relevant field
- A minimum of 2 years employment (working with vulnerable children and families) in a similar or related field.
- Experience of planning, implementing and reviewing programmes and interventions with children and families.
- Experience of working in partnership with families in the community.
- Access to car and full driving licence
- Have a clear knowledge and understanding of Family Support and demonstrate an understanding of the Children and Family Agency.
- Have a clear knowledge and understanding of related legislation and polices including the Child Care Act (1991); Children First (2011) The National Guidelines for the Protection and Welfare of Children.
- Demonstrate evidence based knowledge in making decisions regarding client care. Be able to demonstrate a theoretical knowledge of Child Care and Family Support.
- Demonstrate excellent evaluation skills and an understanding including practice examples of measuring outcomes.
- Demonstrate a clear knowledge and understanding of Child Protection and Family Support Services and how they link with other Child and Family Services.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of current best practice methods and trends in supporting families.
- Demonstrate evidence of understanding the issues and needs confronting vulnerable families
- Have a clear knowledge and understanding of the work and purpose of Foróige and be able to demonstrate an understanding and competence in working with volunteers.
- Category D driving licence an advantage
- Interest in technology and advantage
The full job spec and Foróige application form are available to download from the careers section of our website www.foroige.ie or can be requested by contacting Foróige Headquarters by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01-6301560.
Please note that all applications can only be accepted by way of Foróige Application Form.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm Friday 16th November 2018.
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.
PLEASE NOTE: A panel may be formed from which future positions funded from a variety of sources may be filled. There may be more than one position available.