NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
CARI is a registered charity that provides therapy and support to children, families and groups affected by child sexual abuse. More information on our services and the position below can be found on our website www.cari.ie
CARI is currently recruiting for the following position. All roles are CE positions which entails working 19.5 hours a week and requires the applicant to be in receipt of a social welfare payment for 12 months and be assigned an Intreo Officer.
Based in our Limerick office at Ennis Road, Limerick
COURT ACCOMPANIMENT OFFICER (TRAINING PROVIDED) for our Child Accompaniment Support Service (CASS).
This role involves supporting children who are witnesses within Criminal Trials in Ireland, and their families.
The role has three strands to it:
- Pre-trial preparation
- Trial Accompaniment, and
- Post-trial support
- To help prepare children on a practical level by explaining the court procedure using age appropriate language.
- To ensure all legal terminology is clarified for the family.
- Arrange and accompany both the child and the family to the court in advance of the case.
- To attend court with the child and their family for the duration of the trial.
- To provide practical and emotional support to both the child and their family throughout the process.
- To record all phone calls and meetings with clients and update all files.
- To provide statistics on the service regarding phone call activity, meeting activity as well as a record on our referral history.
- To manage and report on your caseload through case management and line management
- To record all CASS activity to be reported back to the court team leader.
- To have weekly case management with the court team leader.
- To attend regular supervision as arranged by the CASS Manager.
- And any other task issued by team leader relevant to the Court department.
- To ensure all clients related materials are locked away at the end of each working day.
- And any other task issued by team leader relevant to the Court Accompaniment Service
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th December 2018