Name of Employer: School Street Family Resource Centre, School Street, Pimlico, Dublin 8.
Job Title: Childcare Manager.
Responsible to: Co-ordinator - School St Family Resource Centre.
Hours of work: 40hrs per week (8am – 5pm).
Qualifications: Minimum Level 6 in Early Childhood Education & Care, desirable Level 8 or above.
Salary: €33k - €38k.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To take day to day responsibility for children and staff
- To lead CCSP Scheme provision
- To ensure high standards of care at the centre
- To develop curricula in line with Aistear and Siolta
- Ensure a good standard of hygiene
- Attend meetings and undertake training as required
- Revise policies and procedures as required
- Adhere to Child Protection Policy of the service and report any concerns
- Prepare long term, medium term and short term plans
- Maintain all records as required by Pobal and Tusla
- Represent the service during Tusla and Pobal Inspections
- Network with appropriate statutory and voluntary agencies
- Ensure group is adequately insured and all safety equipment is maintained and regularly serviced i.e., Fire equipment etc
- To develop ongoing positive relationships with parents
- To facilitate regular staff meetings
- To co-ordinate recruitment, induction, appraisal and training requirements for staff
- Be able to take charge and direct children and staff in case of an emergency
- Maintain strict confidentiality, any breach of confidentiality about children or their families will constitute gross misconduct
- Perform any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Minimum FETAC Level 6 in Childcare.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a similar role
- Ability to lead a team
- Kindness, warmth and responsiveness to the needs of children
- Good Communication and Relating Skills with children, staff and parents
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Complete Garda Vetting
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org