BOHERMORE COMMUNITY PROJECT LIMITED BY GUARANTEE
Bohermore Community Centre, Cooke’s Terrace, Bohermore, Galway Tel: 091 561314
Job Title: Afterschool / Youth Worker Team leader
- Hours: 24hour per week
- Location: Bohermore Community Centre, Bohermore, Galway.
Main Purpose of Job
- To work with/ manage a team of childcare workers in the provision of an afterschool care service for primary and secondary school children.
- To implement programmes that has been approved by the Board of Management.
- To always work in a manner which upholds the ethos of the community and which positively contributes to the physical, mental, emotional and social development of the children for whom the service is being provided
- To oversee and contribute to the running of all activities within a safe and stimulating environment in accordance with the Childcare Act 2007.
- To work with /manage a team of childcare workers.
- To maintain and ensure a safe and stimulating environment for the children for whom the service is being provided.
- To assist in the planning, organising and running of the activities of the service that is being provided, e.g. homework club.
- To oversee the day to day administration of the service that is being provided in the after schools project.
- To manage funding applications and returns to funders.
- To help maintain and ensure a safe and stimulating environment for the children for whom the service is being provided.
- To be the designated person for the HSE Children First.
- To liaise with parents and others as necessary.
- To report directly to the project coordinator.
- To carry out all responsibilities within an equal opportunities framework.
- To be familiar with Microsoft Office, Internet Usage and basic computer functions.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
Must be flexible
- A relevant qualification in the area of childcare/youth development, social care, or equivalent.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Additional qualifications in the area of staff management i.e., return to funders.
- Experience of working with young people aged 4-20years old.
- Experience of staff supervision in a community-based setting.
- Experience of community based funding and administration duties e.g,returns to Pobal CCS Scheme, GRETB HSE ect.
- Confident and pleasant manner
- Excellent attitude towards children
- Interest or experience in sport
- Interest or experience in playing a musical instrument
- Interest or experience in drama
- Interest or experience in art
- Must work well on a team.
- Any additional qualification in the area of childcare/youth development.
- First Aid Qualification
- Fire Safety Qualification
- Knowledge and experience of NQSF an advantage
Closing date for receipt of CV and cover letter is 23/ 10 /2018 @ 5 pm. Applicants will be contacted after the closing date. Applications will be accepted by email; email@example.com or by post to the above address, for the attention of the co-ordinator.