Mountmellick Youth & Family Resource Centre
Is recruiting for the post of
Family & Community Support Development Worker
Full Time Post
MOUNTMELLICK YOUTH & FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE (MYFRC) is a community-based centre that provides a range of youth family and community support services for the residents of Mountmellick and surrounding areas.
Working in partnership with the Manager to develop and maintain a family and community support outreach service in Mountmellick Youth & Family Resource Centre (MYFRC) that will support people from Mountmellick and surrounding areas.
Candidates will be expected to have:
- A minimum of 3 years paid experience in coordinating a family support / community development project
- Hold a 3rd level qualification in family support / community development or equivalent training
- Commitment to and understanding of family support / community development values and principles
- Have knowledge and experience of family support in a community-based setting
- Experience of working collaboratively at an inter-agency level
- Strong organisational skills, time management, administrative and report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, group facilitation and community consultation skills with the ability to engage with and motivate people from a range of target groups Experience of working as part of a team
- Ability to complete funding applications and write reports
- Experience of working in partnership with statutory and voluntary organisations to achieve community benefit
- A full clean driving license and access to a car
- Evening & weekend work will be a feature of this position
Application forms and Job Description are attached below.
Please note: Applications will only be accepted on the official Application Form and CVs will not be accepted.
Completed applications forms will be accepted by POST ONLY to: The Manager, Mountmellick Youth & Family Resource Centre, MDA Limited, Irishtown, Mountmellick, Co. Laois.
Closing date for applications is 5p.m. on Friday 31st August 2018
Mountmellick Development Association Limited is an equal opportunities employer.