NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The Avalon Centre is a vibrant and energetic community centre located in the heart of Sligo Town. The centre provides a diverse range of services and programmes to meet the needs of the local and wider communities both young and old.
The Avalon Centre, Sligo
is currently recruiting for an
The Afterschool Coordinator will have overall responsibility for the daily operation of the service and the children attending the service. They will be responsible for school pick-ups, homework support, serving hot meals and facilitating a fun filled afternoon with indoor and outdoor activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of QQI Level 6 in Early Childhood Care and Education or equivalent with QQI Level 7 a distinct advantage
- Relevant experience of working directly with school age children
- A sincere and genuine interest in the welfare and education and care of children
- Experience of managing budgets and ensuring financial best practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent administration and organisational skills with knowledge of the PIP portal an advantage
For a complete job description please email email@example.com and is also attached below.
Applicants wishing to apply for the above posts should forward a letter of application and CV to Paul Tolan, Finance and Services Manager, The Avalon Centre, Chapel Street, Sligo or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 3pm on Wednesday 15th August 2018.
This position will initially be filled on a One Year Fixed Term Contract basis.
These posts will be subject to Garda Vetting
Shortlisting may apply
The Avalon Centre is an equal opportunities employer