MAYO CREATIVE COMMUNITIES ALTERNATIVE
Foróige is an independent, non-profit national voluntary youth organisation engaged in out-of-school youth development and education. The organisation aims to enable young people to involve themselves consciously and actively in their own development and the development of society. Foróige employs over 400 staff and involves thousands of volunteers in the creation and delivery of high quality services to young people through the operation of over 600 Foróige Clubs, the Big Brother Big Sister Programme and over 140 General Youth Services and Special Projects. Foróige in partnership with Tusla, Child and Family Agency, now invite applications for the following position:
SENIOR YOUTH OFFICER
Mayo Creative Communities Alternative is a new service to be provided by Foróige, in partnership with Tusla. The service will offer structured support to identified at-risk young people and families within the Tusla County Mayo area.
The successful applicant will have all the following essential requirements;
- Education to National Diploma or Degree standard in social care or other relevant field.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Foróige’s philosophy and approach to youth work and engaging young people and families.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of working with young people experiencing adversity in their lives and planning interventions in order to achieve the best possible outcomes with the young person and their family.
- A good knowledge and understanding of Tusla’s National Policy Framework for Children and Young People, Tusla's National Service Delivery Framework including Tusla’s National Practice Model for Children and Young people.
- Experience in establishing, leading and coordinating new and innovative responses to youth needs
- Ability to work in an efficient manner and to lead and motivate others.
- Car owner with full driving licence
PLEASE VIEW THE JOB SPEC BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS ON ALL REQUIREMENTS.
HOW TO APPLY:
The job spec and Foróige Job application form can be downloaded from this page and can also be downloaded from the ‘careers’ section of our website www.foroige.ie
Applications for this vacancy should be made by way of Foróige Job Application form only.
Completed application forms can be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00pm FRIDAY 31st AUGUST 2018
Foróige is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.
A panel may be formed from which future positions funded from a variety of sources may be filled.