Good Shepherd Cork
invite applications for the position of Relief Child Care Worker. The role of the Child Care Worker is to provide support and implement interventions with the children in private emergency accommodation (B&Bs and Hotels) and Edel House. This position will comprise of flexible hours per week including weekends and evenings. The work location will vary.
Reporting to the Manager the candidate will require the following:
- A minimum Fetac Level 8 Childcare Qualification or BA in Early Years and Childhood Studies.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with vulnerable children and their parents.
- Have experience of normal play and how to identify areas of concern in relation to the child’s development.
- Have an understanding of the effects of homelessness on the child and family
- Have experience working with parents in relation to the child’s development through play.
Application for the position may be made by completing GSC application form which is attached to this advert or available on GSC website www.goodshepherdcork.ie under the heading“Work With us” tab. Please send completed applications to Aoife Dee, Childcare Leader - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed application is no later than Monday 20th August 2018