Saint John of God Community Services Dublin South East
As part of Saint John of God Community Services CLG, Dublin South East provides a network of education, training, employment, respite and community living supports to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in South Dublin.
Care Assistant – Children’s Respite Service
Fulltime and Relief Hours Available
We are recruiting for the above position providing support to children with intellectual disabilities in our Children’s Respite Services, Angel’s Quest with the potential to work in other locations.
The successful candidates must be committed to providing the highest standard of services in support of children to live satisfying, fulfilling and interesting lives. The role will require flexible weekend and weekday afternoon working to reflect the needs of the Children’s Respite Service.
St John of God is regulated by HIQA and we are required to operate under their guidelines.
The successful candidate will have:
- A recognised and relevant qualification (FETAC level 5)
- A strong interest and /or experience in working with children with an intellectual disability and their families.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal, organisational and initiative skills.
- Understanding of POMS/Person Centred Planning, Advocacy, Human Rights and Risk Management concepts.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities and relevant legislation pertinent to support of children.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and social model practice in support of children;
- A full driving license is an essential requirement for this role (please advise of penalty points on application).
If you believe you have the necessary enthusiasm, competencies and experience to bring to this role, please forward your letter of application along with your Curriculum Vitae by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting REF:CAREASSISTANT
For more details it is highly recommended that you contact Helen Mullery – Clinical Nurse Manager at Tel: 01 285 2900
Closing Date: Monday 30th July 2018
Shortlisting will apply followed by an initial telephone interview
Saint John of God Community Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We operate HSE (Health Service Executive) funded services across Intellectual Disability, Adult Mental Health and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
HOSPITALITY COMPASSION EXCELLENCE JUSTICE RESPECT