Sophia is a national organisation, which provides a range of accommodation and support to people who are out of home. Our headquarters are based in Dublin 8.
We aim to provide safe and innovative projects for vulnerable families and individuals which will enable them to make a positive difference in their lives.
In this creative environment we now have the following employment opportunity:
Childcare Worker – Sophia Donabate Project
This role involves working as part of the childcare team in the delivery and implementation of a high quality play based curriculum for children aged 0 – 15 years in a safe, stimulating and caring environment.
- BA in Early Education Level 7 or 8.
- At least 3 years working in childcare with experience of working with vulnerable children.
- Working knowledge of Siolta and Aistear Frameworks.
- Ability to provide a holistic and integrated response to the individual needs of children.
- Ability to work alone and experience of room leadership.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Experience of dealing with Child Protection and Welfare responsibilities and responding appropriately to any concerns.
- Committed to work in partnership with parents.
Please be advised a panel will be created for further job opportunities in other services within Sophia from these interviews unless you request otherwise.
To apply for this position please forward a CV and cover letter to Mary Gilton via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday the 27th July 2018 at 4 p.m.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting
Sophia Housing Association is an equal opportunities employer.